New life to the first string
- Category: Tips for guitarists
I love to play on a new first string. The silky feeling under the nail is a physical pleasure and the tone is much more beautiful. Many times I notice that my 1st string has become scratched just in the best plucking point and I am too close to the concert to change it. The solution is simple.
1. Unwind the string from the machine head but leave it attatched to the bridge.
2. Twist the string two complete turns anticlockwise. (fig. A)
3. Hold the string tight and tie it back on and tune it up. Make sure that you don't loose the twist.
4. The two complete turns at the head will become about half a turn at the soundhole (fig B) and your scratches will now be on the other side of the string. You get to play on a silky surface again and make that beautiful tone your listeners deserve.
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: